Topic: Re: Position Announcement: Univ. of Alabama
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 12, 2012 1:10 PM

Gary Tupper

On 9/12/2012 7:27 AM, GS Chandy wrote:
> Haim posted Sep 12, 2012 5:51 PM:
>
> The Education Mafia think multiculturalims is a
> s a peachy idea, and they want to promote it where it
> does not already exist. This is an idea whose merits
> can be questioned. I question them.
>
> In his inimitable style, Chandy brings up an
> an entirely different question: what to do about
> multiculturalism when you already have it? I wish
> him a lot of luck with that problem.
>
> Haim
> Shovel ready? What shovel ready?

Haim:

Chandy's "problem" is the only "problem". Intelligent, observant folk realize that we all now live in a multicultural environment - the so-called 'Global Village'. Perhaps better labelled as a "challenge" than a "problem".

Folk of different persuasions can often come together where their interests coincide - consider the opposition to a German proposal about circumcision ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO73vXOxLlY ) which united Muslims & Jews.

Gary Tupper
in the rational northland