Topic: Int. algebra curriculum
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 26, 2012 10:16 AM

ElizWaite@aol.com

Re: Int. algebra curriculum
att1.html (2.0 K)

The integrated algebra curriculum has NOT changed.
The Algebra 1 common core exam will be given for the first time in June 2014. Those of us teaching a 2 year algebra program should be teaching common core Algebra 1 right now. Unfortunately, common core Algebra 1 has a "fluid" curriculum (SED's words) at the moment since PARCC is in various stages of public comment on the whole high school common core curriculum and is likely to change it before they develop their exam, especially Algebra 1 and Algebra 2. Since New York State is a governing state in PARCC, there is a high chance that this means the NYS Appendix A will change, possibly significantly in statistics for those 2 courses. So...teaching it right now is an interesting dance.
Liz Waite

Elizabeth Waite
AMTNYS Vice-President