Topic: Non-Euclidean Arithmetic
Replies: 33   Last Post: Sep 21, 2012 2:48 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Non-Euclidean Arithmetic

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Joe Niederberger
<niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:
> Paul Tanner III Says:
>>Repeated addition is merely a derivable property of the two operations of such a field like the real numbers, derived in such a field from just some of the algebraic properties
>
> Says you. I say it refers to a family of related procedures for computing addition

Repeated addition can compute products only if the products are computable - and since almost all real numbers are noncomputable, almost all real number multiplication is not computable.

------- End of Forwarded Message

Date Subject Author
9/12/12
Read Re: Non-Euclidean Arithmetic