Topic: Excessive Equality
Replies: 13   Last Post: Sep 19, 2012 9:02 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Excessive Equality

Barry Garelick posted Sep 17, 2012 5:02 AM:
> I see that my rapidly written reply to Mr. Chandy was
> poorly phrased and should have said that I find
> Chandy to be as tedious as he finds Haim. My
> apologies.
>
> ------- End of Forwarded Message

I observe that Mr Garelick is again entirely wrong in his too-hastily written correction to his "rapidly written reply to Mr Chandy" if he thinks he can read my mind. As follows:

In fact, I DON'T find Haim to be tedious at all! I do find much of what he says most interesting indeed (except the very tedious re-iterations of his demands to "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!")

I DO find Haim to be wrong in his diagnosis of the malady that he thinks the US public school education system is suffering from - and his supposed remedy for this malady simply will not work. Both his diagnosis and his remedy are, in fact, ridiculously wrong. I want to repeat that, with emphasis - RIDICULOUSLY WRONG!

For one thing, just who is this 'Educational Mafia' of Haim's?

Name names.

- Is President Barack Obama a member?
- Is First Lady Michelle Obama a member?
- Are either or both their charming daughters members?

-- If not, just who are the members?

OK, Haim on one occasion that I remember identified something called the 'National Education Association' (if I remember rightly), as being part of his 'Education Mafia'.

Also, again if I remember rightly, he has identified the "Teachers' Unions" to be part of this 'Educational Mafia'.

As I understand, a sizable majority of US public school teachers are members of various teachers' Unions. As for the 'National Education Association', here is their website - http://www.nea.org/ - and this is what they say about themselves (at their website): "The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States".

Haim claims he wants to put all of them - and all the teachers who belong to "Teachers' Unions - in jail?

Well, good luck to him, if he believes this to be a feasible (or even vaguely sensible) Mission. (And good luck to you, Barry Garelick, if you share this 'Mission' of his). I observe that, despite ALL of Haim's vehement efforts thus far (for the past XX number of years), he has succeeded in putting --- members of this 'Education Mafia' in jail. Did I say "ridiculously wrong"? Or did I say "RIDICULOUSLY WRONG - AND THEN SOME!"

Mr Barry Garelick is welcome to share this RIDICULOUS objective of Haim's.

I have one question to ask: Just how many members of the 'Education Mafia' have been jailed by reason of Haim's RIDICULOUS objective identified above?

10,000? 1000? 100? 1? None?

Good for Haim (and for Barry Garelick)!

I suggest they would do far better to identify, clearly, correctly - and without a great deal of heat being needlessly injected into the issue - identify just what are specific 'elements' of THINGS TO DO that might help improve the condition of US public schools (if this is what they desire to accomplish), and then to work out specific means to achieve those things.

They will find that - if they really desire to "change the system", they will need to do a lot more than those THINGS TO DO that they are initially able to identify.

Specifically what more is identified at the attachments to this message.

Should they study this material, they will NEVER again come out with RIDICULOUSLY wrong suggestions:

- "PUT THE 'EDUCATION MAFIA' IN JAIL!"
- "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!"
(and suchlike).

They will, instead, come out with an *effective* and *workable* Action Plan to improve the US public school education system. And, over time, the processes suggested will show them how to proceed in the ongoing real situations they discover on the ground.

Tedious?

Well, if they want to find it tedious, they are welcome.

I for one find it all to be a great and marvelous challenge, and I expend (practically all) my efforts to ensure it is put into practice here in India. Yes, there are many here who, like Haim, would prefer their own solutions, like:

- "PUT THE 'EDUCATION MAFIA' IN JAIL!"
- "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!"

They find, in due course, that such 'magical' solutions do not work in real life - that these are only RIDICULOUS. (Some, of course, find it impossible to change their minds – even when everything around demonstrates that they are totally wrong. I.e., they are RIDICULOUS).

Once again, I apologize for any tedium caused to Mr Barry Garelick by this carefully-considered response.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!")

[Edited by: admin on Sep 19, 2012 8:59 AM]