Topic: Many in Massachusetts are unprepared for college
Replies: 9   Last Post: Sep 27, 2012 7:17 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Many in Massachusetts are unprepared for college

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Wayne Bishop <wbishop@calstatela.edu> wrote:
> No problem. These students are all part of that 0.01% of top students that
> Paul readily admits we lag behind some international counterparts.

The sky is falling! The US is not the best in the world at everything!

But seriously folks:

Let's see now: Every country in Europe (and now more and more even East Asian countries like Japan are approaching this) have at least roughly half of their entire population go into vocational *high schools*. This means that they do not try to send their entire populations into college as the US does because of the fact that the US does not have a high school system such that at least of the high school system is simply vocational training and not college prep.

And the sky is falling because of the inevitable result (as evidenced by the article) of the US trying (and not really succeeding at) that which no other country on Earth tries because of the fact they they are wise enough to see that what is not doable is not doable?

Is there any grey matter at all between those conservative ears?