Topic: 10 Mathematical equations that changed the world
Replies: 8   Last Post: Sep 25, 2012 12:43 AM

bjacoby@iwaynet.net

Re: 10 Mathematical equations that changed the world

On 9/24/2012 6:00 PM, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
> In<j3cu581vesap6rauq8et0sa7l5c8mvf683@4ax.com>, on 09/23/2012
> at 08:56 AM, Don Del Grande<del_grande_news@earthlink.net> said:
>

>> I was half-expecting #1 to be something along the lines of "1 - 1 =
>> 0", which is important because (a) it helps to define equations
>> themselves, and (b) introduced the concept of zero.

> No.

Of course, no! "10 best lists" aren't science, but media bullshit.
Journalists are people born without brains that could handle no other
job. And they know the ignorant public (they always write to people more
ignorant than themselves) loves things like "10 best lists" and a
"race". Who is ahead in the global warming "race" Deniers? or "climate
scientists"? Hence why would you expect any actual sense or critical
thought in this article?