Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 27, 2012 8:17 PM

Bill Maguire

Re: [ap-calculus] TI-89 question

NOTE:
and post messages there.
Jewel Filipovich <jfilipov@lamar.k12.ga.us> writes:
>I have used a TI-89 for a long while and never come across this problem.
>One of my student's calculator: when you ask it to determine a derivative
>entered as d(2x^2 +3x,x), I get an answer of just 3, rather than 4x + 3.
>It does not matter if you put multiplication signs in between either. Any
>thoughts??

I just tried it on my TI-89 and I get 4x +3. Perhaps it's a setting in
MODE. Are you set to MODE:FUNCTION?

******************************
William F. Maguire
Mathematics Department