Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 27, 2012 11:24 PM

KEMP, DANIEL

RE: [ap-calculus] TI-89 question

NOTE:
and post messages there.
Check and see if your student has stored 0 as x.

Dan Kemp

South Dakota State University

________________________________
From: Jewel Filipovich [jfilipov@lamar.k12.ga.us]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:11 AM
To: AP Calculus
Subject: [ap-calculus] TI-89 question

NOTE:
and post messages there.
I have used a TI-89 for a long while and never come across this problem. One of my student's calculator: when you ask it to determine a derivative entered as d(2x^2 +3x,x), I get an answer of just 3, rather than 4x + 3. It does not matter if you put multiplication signs in between either. Any thoughts??

--
Jewel Filipovich, M.A.T., Gifted Certified
Department of Mathematics, Dept. Chair
#1 Trojan Way
Barnesville, GA 30204
770-358-8641

A goal without a plan is merely a wish.
Our plan is "every child, every chance, every day".
Our goal is a world-class education for every child.
Our vision is a school system of educational excellence that embraces
accountability, progress, and our diverse culture.

This message is intended only for specified recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. This communication represents the originator's personal views, which may not reflect those of Lamar County Schools. The sender believes that this E-Mail and any attachments do not contain a virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and other defects.

If you received this email in error, please immediately notify Technology Services, Lamar County Schools, 100 Burnette Rd., Barnesville, Georgia 30204, Telephone Number: 770-358-8668, E-mail address: techsupport@lamar.k12.ga.us<mailto:techsupport@lamar.k12.ga.us>

---