Topic: Is This Really Happening?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 30, 2012 9:44 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Is This Really Happening?

Responding [with apologies if due to Barry Garelick] to Haim's post of Sep 29, 2012 3:57 PM (Haim's post pasted below my signature for ready reference):

As Haim AND the New York Times say it is happening, I guess it must be happening.

But what is clearly NOT happening whether in Camden, New Jersey or in the US public school system is effective work towards reforming the ills (of the Camden police force on the one hand; of the US public school system, on the other hand).

This much is evident from the article quoted by Haim -

> A police union has sued to stop the move, saying it
> is risking public safety on an "unproven" idea. But
> many residents, community groups and elected
> officials say that the city is simply out of money,
> out of options, out of patience.
>
> "There's no alternative, there's no Plan B," the City
> Council president, Frank Moran, said. "It's the only
> option we have."

Clearly improvements are not about to happen in Camden's police force despite the stern decision to fire the existing police force. What is most likely to happen is more of the "same old, same old".

AND improvements will not happen either for the US public school education system either - to judge from Haim's repeated calls (over years) to "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!" and Wayne Bishop's repeated demands to "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!" Here too, it will be some more of the "same old, same old".

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!")
Haim posted Sep 29, 2012 3:57 PM:

Message was edited by: GS Chandy