Topic: Re: The Prime Directive
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 30, 2012 9:53 AM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: The Prime Directive

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Sep 29, 2012 1:28 AM
>

>>> You simply have to understand that if it were up to
>>> the Education Mafia, Stuyvesant (by which I mean
>>> Stuyvesant High School and all her sisters) would not
>>> exist.

>>Wrong.

>>I see nothing in
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuyvesant_High_School
>>about that.

> Hmmm. So your theory about why the state legislature passed a law mandating the admissions process for a NYC school is what, exactly? In your experience, is it a common occurence for the state to regulate the operations of an individual local school, in the absence of egregious failure? Except for the increasingly common occurence of an actual state takeover of a school district, is it your observation that states commonly usurp the operational prerogatives of the local school boards and their superintendents?

Hmmm. So your theory is that whatever views are held by a small
number of people in power in the entirety of an "evil (evil to
government-hating conservatives) mafia" school system, some people on
a local school board and its superintendent, are the views held by ALL
people who are part of that entire "evil mafia" school system?

(Really? Then, for example, by your logic, whatever view is held by a
given President and some members of Congress at any given time they
govern together is held by ALL people who are part of that "evil"
(evil to government-hating conservatives) federal government, from the
lowest position to the highest position.)