Topic: An Algebra 2 Test
Replies: 44   Last Post: Oct 10, 2012 2:42 AM

kirby urner

Re: An Algebra 2 Test

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:
> I suppose you have the same condemnation for musicians, artists and writers. All those privileged and spoiled brats. Why is it that you condemn the art of mathematics, but not the other arts?
>
> Bob Hansen

I'm not condemning mathematicians. Or artists or writers. Many such
people have a marginal existence, as couch surfers, little income.

"Freeing the scholar to return to his studies" is what we would like
to do (and not meaning to sound sexist about it).

To say many students are caught up in a cruel game that poses tricky
puzzles while failing to provide a safe context for study, is not to
condemn teachers caught up in the same cruel game.

Kirby

Date Subject Author
9/28/12
Read An Algebra 2 Test