Replies: 130   Last Post: Oct 19, 2012 10:23 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India

Haim posted Oct 2, 2012 9:02 AM (GSC's remarks follow):

> Robert Hansen Posted: Oct 1, 2012 7:09 PM
>

> >What killed teacher's salaries was benefits and all
> the
> >extras that schools have had to fund in the last 3
> >decades. Unless you undo a bunch of legislation, I

> don't
> >see that changing Paul. And it probably gets worse
> from
> >here.
>
> That, and at least the Asians expect results.
> http://youtu.be/RjzC1Dgh17A
>
> Haim
> No representation without taxation.

Well, I don't know that whether in India we actually get the results we fondly hope we are expecting. Our education system is in a shambles, despite a few positive measures taken over the years (many of these measures forced by interventions via judicial activism on the issues).

I don't know how the situation compares with that obtaining in the USA, but I am sure that very little of the "dire straits" of the Indian education system is the result of action or inaction by the Teachers' Unions, or other such bodies posited by Haim to form part of that vast evil conglomerate he calls the 'Education Mafia'. Practically ALL of the dire straits of our education system(s) can be traced to the actions and inactions of our political leaders and the senior government bureaucracy that 'operates the machine' here. A good bit of the blame here has to be taken by the upper and middle classes in our society who are operating, apparently, under the principle of 'maximization of loot'.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!")

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Date Subject Author