Replies: 130   Last Post: Oct 19, 2012 10:23 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Robert Hansen Posted: Oct 1, 2012 7:09 PM
>

>>What killed teacher's salaries was benefits and all the
>>extras that schools have had to fund in the last 3
>>decades. Unless you undo a bunch of legislation, I don't
>>see that changing Paul. And it probably gets worse from
>>here.

> That, and

Nothing, since teacher salaries were not killed by benefits since teacher salaries themselves are adjusted for inflation roughly where they have always been.

And I note that you did not address at all the fact I demonstrated that teachers in the US are in term of teaching hours worked up to roughly twice as hard as teachers of other countries - especially the ones like Japan that get better results than almost the rest of the entire world on international tests.

Note: This fact means having to hire as many as roughly twice as many teachers to teach the same student population if we were to follow their lead as to how to treat our teachers.

Date Subject Author
Paul A. Tanner III
Robert Hansen
Paul A. Tanner III