Topic: An Algebra 2 Test
Replies: 44   Last Post: Oct 10, 2012 2:42 AM

kirby urner

Re: An Algebra 2 Test

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:

<< SNIP >>

> In STEM, there's an emphasis on phasing in physics. Over on the PER
> list we've been dissecting the Eureka! series from TVOntario some.[2]

I should add that some physics teachers vehemently disagree with how
STEM concepts of work, energy and heat are presented in this series.

The best way to teach physics, like the best way to teach math
(they're not that distinct if you've escaped your cultural hypnosis)
is not a "settled" subject.

Lots of ferment, rants and diatribes. That's healthy.

Too often, I think students give up on math because they imagine it's
all "settled" and such subjects are an anathema to them.

For such students, I have good news.

Kirby

Date Subject Author
9/28/12