Topic: Symbolic derivative with respect to time in Matlab
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 18, 2012 11:08 AM

Prasad

Re: Symbolic derivative with respect to time in Matlab

"Steven Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <chkh2k$f33$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "Matlab" <matlab_q1@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I have a quick question for you. I have a symbolic expression in
> > Matlab and I want to get the derivative of the expression with
> > respect to time. When I use diff(A,t) or diff(A,'t') it gives me
> > zero. Any ideas of how I can get this symboilc derivatives (actually
> > it's Partial derivative of an expression with respect to a variable
> > which is time here).
> >
> > I appreciate your response.

> If you want to define A as some arbitrary function of time, use:
>
> syms t
> A = sym('A(t)')
>
> Now this:
>
> dA = diff(A, t)
>
> should return a nonzero result.
>
> If you want to define A to be a nonarbitrary function of time, then define
> it as such:
>
> syms t
> A2 = t+t^3
> dA2 = diff(A2, t)
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com

Hey Hi,

Are you able to get solution for this problem. I am also facing the same problem.
If you know how to do this, please let me know
-Prasad