Topic: Michelle Rhee's Plan to Destroy Public Education
Replies: 11   Last Post: Oct 6, 2012 7:58 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Michelle Rhee's Plan to Destroy Public Education

Paul, you answered your own question. I have said before that my district doesn't suffer 25% of the problems we see in other districts or that we discuss here. Why? Because we are conservative and so is our school board. However, you have to stay on your toes and monitor their every move. Students with less affluent parents do not fare as well. It would be easier with the finnish system for sure, across the board. Mainly, a school system that dotes on the aspirations of the students rather than one that uses them (and the teachers) for political purposes.

Bob Hansen