Replies: 130   Last Post: Oct 19, 2012 10:23 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India

Wayne Bishop posted Oct 7, 2012 12:01 AM (GSC's remarks follow):

> >This is about what's best for the kids.
>
> The perfect summary of every failed reform in
> education (with
> homogeneous classrooms and almost universal social
> promotion at the
> top of the list), teacher strikes, rubber rooms
> instead of firing
> horrible teachers, and every other damn thing that
> has worked to
> undermine what ought to be every US child's
> birthright - opportunity
> for appropriate, effective education because of our
> system of
> publicly funded education instead of in spite of it.
>
> Wayne

It's like this:

"We're incapable of designing an effective system to teach our kids:

"What to do? What to DO? Our children aren't learning! Our children aren't learning!!

"Fire the teacher, of course!

"BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION, OF COURSE!!

"PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL, OF COURSE!!!"

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!")

Date Subject Author
Paul A. Tanner III