Topic: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Replies: 39   Last Post: Oct 14, 2012 11:56 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?

On Oct 9, 6:54 am, George Greene <gree...@email.unc.edu> wrote:
> On Oct 7, 5:48 pm, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > YOU SAID THE SET OF TRUTHS
> > ARE 'AUTOMATIC' AND NOT POSSIBLE TO DERIVE
> > FROM AN ALGORITHM.

> I *did*not*say* that,  DUMBASS.

------8<-----------------------------

[HERC]
IF FOLtheorem(S) THEN ZFCtheorem(S)
is not algorithmic.

[GEORGE]
> It's MUCH BETTER than algorithmic, dumbass, it's AUTOMATIC.
> It's automatic BECAUSE classical logic IS MONOTONIC.
> It's automatic because (P-->Q) --> ((P&R)-->Q)
> IS A TAUTOLOGY.
> When we SAY that something is a theorem of pure/plain FOL,
> what we MEAN is that we can derive it, using THE INFERENCE RULES

--------------------------8<-------

So where are all these "automatic" theorems coming from
if they are not "algorithmic" in derivation.

Is there a Transitive Closure on Inference for all true Predicates
derived from P. Calculus?

What do you need ZFC for if Predicate Calculus _CALCULATES_

~E(R) XeR <-> ~(XeX)

Axiom Of SEPARATION deals with this already!

Herc

Date Subject Author
10/5/12
Read If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Frederick Williams
10/7/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Charlie-Boo
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Frederick Williams
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/7/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/8/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/9/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/11/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
camgirls@hush.com
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Richard Tobin
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
camgirls@hush.com
10/13/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
george
10/13/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/14/12
[...]
Scott Berg
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Curt Welch
10/6/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Mike Terry
10/6/12