Topic: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Replies: 22   Last Post: Oct 9, 2012 6:06 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Oct 8, 2012 2:12 PM
>

>>What you say again is just more of these delusional
>>ideas that in "the good old says" of the 1970s the
>>masses learned much more math and much higher level math
>>than today, never mind that fact that it's precisely the
>>opposite - the masses learn much more math and much
>>higher level math today than in the 1970s.

> Paul,
>
> Will you ever confront what Robert actual writes?

It's the other way around - he does not confront what I actually
write. (And, by the way, neither do you.)

In this thread I have been talking about only MINIMUM standards
imposed on all, students and teachers, and how it is plain fact that
they have risen significantly since the 1970s, and he refuses to
acknowledge these facts.

I have addressed his utterly bogus claim that minimum standards
imposed on all - students and teachers - have gone down, by showing
that it is plain fact that they have gone up.

He confuses what has happened to gifted student education, which is
that opportunities for accelerated learning are not as widespread as
they used to be in many places (something I said many times before is
something that should be changed for the better to providing more such
opportunity than ever before), with what has happened to minimum
standards, which is that they have gone up significantly since the
1970s.

Date Subject Author
10/5/12
Read Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Jerry P. Becker
10/6/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/6/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/7/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Paul A. Tanner III
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Paul A. Tanner III
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Paul A. Tanner III
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Haim
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Paul A. Tanner III
10/9/12
[...]
GS Chandy
10/9/12