Replies: 130   Last Post: Oct 19, 2012 10:23 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

You tacitly confirmed what I said - the question was about a deal or
an exchange, and you tacitly said that you would never agree to said
deal or exchange.

Most people in the US I think like the present setup of public
education as much more than simply a place to get schooled. Much more
than any other country, probably, public education in the US is an
institution that functions as a very comprehensive community center.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2012, at 11:49 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Would you ever be prepared to see all those extra-curricular school
> activities that you enjoyed and your children would enjoy flushed so
> that the schools would then have the money to hire enough extra
> teachers to see their working time spent in front of a class cut
> almost in half and thus their working time spent not in front of a
> class almost doubled, even if the standards in terms of minimum
> requirements to become a teacher became the highest in the world?
>
> I thought not.
>

> Now you are thinking words into my mouth?
>
> Actually, my target for my son is one of the two choice schools in our
> district (7th through 12th grade) and they are not big on sports. My view is
> that you can have schools with sports and schools without sports.
>
> Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
Paul A. Tanner III
Robert Hansen