Replies: 130   Last Post: Oct 19, 2012 10:23 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida

I have seen the pay of these teachers you speak of and the class sizes. Both are comparable to ours. Our teachers in our district teach between 4 and 5 hours a day. Are you saying that the finnish teachers teach only 2 to 3 hours a day? Are you saying that the kids go to school only 2 to 3 hours a day? Are you sure of your facts? If this is true then what is stopping us from doing it? If they are teaching the same number of kids the same number of days for roughly the same pay then what is stopping us from doing it exactly the same way? Do they use shifts or something? I don't see much difference at all between the schedules of the two systems. The world over, 180 days 4 to 5 hours a day, more or less, unless you are in 3rd world countries that can't afford that. Can you be a little more specific on what their schedule looks like?

Bob Hansen

On Oct 11, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yet again, you are still dodging the entire question. Did your "yes"
> include the other part of my question, where we hire many more
> teachers to cut almost in half the teaching load and thus increase the
> non-teaching load, as it is the case in those three top performers of
> Korea, Finland, and Japan, where we also raise the minimum bar to
> where it is in say Finland as to who becomes a teacher?
>
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

>> Lol, That was an explanation?
>>
>> Are you asking me if I would accept no sports programs for our kids at all OR if I would accept sports programs not being part of school?
>>
>> If it is the latter then YES, if it is the former, then NO.
>>
>> Bob Hansen
>>
>> On Oct 11, 2012, at 11:55 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> You didn't actually answer the question with respect to the deal or
>>> exchange in question. You dodged it.
>>>
>>> Example of what how dodging questions in and of itself says something:
>>> If a politician who from past sayings is against legal abortion
>>> refuses to answer questions on whether they would agree to deals
>>> allowing legal abortion but where they get other things that want, we
>>> can take that dodging as a "no" answer unless and until the dodger
>>> actually answers the question.

Date Subject Author
Paul A. Tanner III
Robert Hansen