Topic: Jonathan Groves (1981-2011)
Replies: 7   Last Post: Oct 13, 2012 6:08 PM

kirby urner

Re: Jonathan Groves (1981-2011)
att1.html (1.0 K)

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Dave L. Renfro <renfr1dl@cmich.edu> wrote:

> A few minutes ago I learned that Jonathan Groves died on
> 4 June 2011 at the age of 29.
>
> I learned this from this Editor's Note at the end of
>
> Jonathan Groves, "An elementary counterexample in the
> compact-open topology", American Mathematical Monthly
> 119 #8 (October 2012), 693-694.

Thank you for letting us know.

Yes, he has been an active and intelligent participant in many threads here.

Here's a post I consider representative of his many thoughtful
contributions:

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=7438820

Kirby