Replies: 130   Last Post: Oct 19, 2012 10:23 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2012, at 11:24 PM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I challenge you to prove your BS claims by actually naming a district
> where the contracted teaching hours are as you say, only low twenties
> per week.
>

> My son's school is 8:00 to 2:30. They are lined up at the door to leave at
> 2:15. Take away Lunch, Recess and an Activity, < 5 hours of teaching time.
> All Florida primary schools are like that.
>
> Bob Hansen

Just as I thought. You are confusing your son's day with the day of
those teachers.

I taught in FL, at the secondary level. My contracted work day was 7.5
hours - 8:15 to 3:45. I taught 3 different 2 hour blocks. Of course
there was time between classes, time for the students to get to the
next class. (That could have made my "teaching hours" not exactly 6
hours on paper by some measures, but close enough. Perhaps that
technicality is what you are trying to get away with.) Lunch was only
a half hour.

The standard contract in FL is 37.5 hours. Use any keyword search you
want at Google - it's all over the place. Try

teaching contract FL 37.5

for one.

Date Subject Author
Paul A. Tanner III