Replies: 130   Last Post: Oct 19, 2012 10:23 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

So?

You still have no idea of the actual contract for the teachers in
terms of teaching hours.

Name a school district anywhere in FL where the classes are standard
1-hour classes - actually technically less since there needs to be
time for the students to get to the next class - where you think that
the teachers teach only five such classes per day.

Everything I said in the original post still stands even if one were
to say that based on some technicality that a 1-hour course is
actually only a 50 or 55 minute course due to needed time to get to
the next class, US teachers teach only 5 hours per day on average when
school is in session. This is because we're still talking about only
around 3 hours per day on average when school is in session for those
teachers of those top-performing countries of Finland, Korea, and
Japan. Still a very massive difference.

But then again, if those charts are overstating teaching hours for US
teachers, they could overstating teaching hours for those countries'
teachers as well, in which case they teach even less than three hours
per day!

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:
> We were talking primary school. High school is different.
>
> Bob Hansen
>
> On Oct 12, 2012, at 1:15 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I taught in FL, at the secondary level.

Date Subject Author