Replies: 130   Last Post: Oct 19, 2012 10:23 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2012, at 1:24 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I see what this is.
>
> Nope, you don't see what this is...
>
> http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/k12/florida-teacher-salaries-headed-to-no-47-in-the-nation/1152211
>
> If that list had included benefits it would have said that at the bottom.

That is not true. I have seen many times where the figure includes
benefits but does not explicitly say.

Here is the proof that you and that writer at that conservative
newspaper are wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brevard_Public_Schools
"In 2011, the average teacher earned $44,442 annually, not including
benefits. A starting teacher earns $36,000. Top salary was $56,350
after 21 years.[23]"

This is is proof that you are wrong and that my citation of FoxNews is
correct, when they say exactly that $44,000 figure.

I'm sorry, Robert, but I know what I'm talking about. That starting
salary and ending salary excluding benefits mentioned above is
perfectly in line with what I knew to be case when I taught in FL just
few years ago.

Teacher pay in the US and in FL especially did not increase 25% over
just a few years time during this past worldwide Great Recession.

We teachers pay attention to these types of things. We want to know
what we will paid down the road if we stick it out.

>> This chart has to be including "benefits" as part of the "salary" -
>> but what you cited for Norway does not include benefits as part of
>> their salary. And so you need to compare apples to apples. This is
>> just more BS when you don't compare fairly.
>>
>> Citations like what I cited below (from FoxNews even) tells the truth
>> as to what teachers make in terms of what they actually have to buy
>> food with: $44,000.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

>>> You left my citation off my post? Didn't we have this talk before?
>>>
>>> http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d10/tables/dt10_083.asp
>>>
>>> Here is the math-teach version just so people realize that you mis-stated
>>> the record...
>>>
>>> http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7904663
>>>
>>> Bob Hansen
>>>
>>> On Oct 12, 2012, at 12:50 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> One other update, the average teacher salary in the USA is $55,000, not
>>> $42,000 and the average Florida teacher salary is $46,000.
>>>

>>> Total BS. No citations. Typical when spouting BS.
>>>
>>> Here is one citation that one can grab from all over, proving your
>>> claim to be BS, even from FoxNews:
>>>
>>> "Average teacher makes $44G while their top union bosses pull in nearly
>>> $500G"
>>> http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/14/teacher-union-bigs-rake-in-dough-despite-budget-cuts-across-education-sector/

Date Subject Author
Paul A. Tanner III