Replies: 130   Last Post: Oct 19, 2012 10:23 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida

Primary school Paul. She has the same students all day. She teaches them less than 5 hours. For goodness sake, are your telling me I don't know what time I drop my son off at school and pick him up? Except for activity, recess and lunch, he is in that classroom the whole school day. His stuff is in his desk, including papers he was supposed to bring home. I saw them.

5 hours is still 900 hours, only 100 or so shy of the article you posted. I don't understand your beef.

Regarding secondary school, which I have as yet verified, what would bother me more than teaching algebra 5 times a day is teaching a mix of algebra and remedial maths 5 times a day. But I would do what I had to do I guess. My job is no walk in the park either, and it is year round. The only way you are going to get less teaching hours is for the U.S. to reduce the school day as some of these other countries have done. I suspect if that were to happen then they would also reduce your salary.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
Paul A. Tanner III
Robert Hansen