Topic: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Replies: 52   Last Post: Oct 26, 2012 12:10 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop

Haim posted Oct 13, 2012 9:45 PM (GSC's remarks follow):

> Michael Paul Goldenberg Posted: Oct 13, 2012 6:29 AM
>

> >Jo-Boaler-reveals-attacks-by-Milgram-and-Bishop.pdf
> >(173.4 K)
> >http://www.stanford.edu/~joboaler/
> >http://www.stanford.edu/~joboaler/Jo-Boaler-reveals->

> attacks-by-Milgram-and-Bishop.pdf
> >
> >When Academic Disagreement Becomes Harassment and
> >Persecution. by Dr Jo Boaler

> Dr Jo Boaler begins with a patently false
> lse assertion:
>

> >Milgram and Bishop are opposed to reforms of
> mathematics
> >teaching and support the continuation of a model in
> >which students learn mathematics without engaging in

> >realistic problems or discussing mathematical
> methods.
>
> and readers should draw the appropriate conclusions.
>
> Of course, I will read with interest Wayne's
> e's response, should he bother to make one.
>
> Haim
> No representation without taxation.

Out of the mouth of Haim:
> Dr Jo Boaler begins with a patently false
> lse assertion:
>

> >Milgram and Bishop are opposed to reforms of
> >mathematics
> >teaching and support the continuation of a model in
> >which students learn mathematics without engaging in
> >realistic problems or discussing mathematical

> methods.
> and readers should draw the appropriate conclusions.

[Readers would no doubt know that I promote something called the 'One Page Management System' (OPMS) [for the readers' ready reference, some information about the OPMS is attached to my message heading the thread "'Curriculum' is NOT the same as 'system' - some differences" - http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2408198 ].

Over the years, Haim and Robert Hansen have made the patently false allegation that "OPMS is just empty list-making and nothing else (and is therefore trivial and worthless)" [words of that nature].

I have time and time again corrected this false impression that they have attempted to create - time and time again they continue repeating this blatant falsehood. (To be fair, Haim seems to have stopped repeating this blatant falsehood for some period of time now).

As Haim states: "Readers should draw the appropriate conclusions".

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!" - with apologies if due to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the humble suggestion that the SIMPLE way to avoid such tedium
is simply to refrain from opening any message purported to originate from GSC)

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Date Subject Author
10/13/12
Read Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Michael Paul Goldenberg
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Louis Talman
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Wayne Bishop
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/16/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Louis Talman
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/15/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Ruth Walker
10/15/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/16/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/17/12
[...]
Greg Goodknight
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Greg Goodknight
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/18/12
[...]
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/26/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Wayne Bishop
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Michael Paul Goldenberg
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/21/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/25/12