Topic: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Replies: 52   Last Post: Oct 26, 2012 12:10 AM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop

Not to worry; she tried her best to get me censured by my university
but failed miserably because the paper trail behind anything posted,
said, or posted privately but intercepted (that took too much of my
time) made such a powerful document than anything but full
exoneration would have been a travesty. For example, identification
of her renamed schools was done by using some of the (highly
selective) data presented in one (two?) of her papers and comparing
it with the state database. In each case, there was exactly one
school that fit each set of data. We had a pretty good hunch (as in
conviction) about two of them but we had the most important one,
Railside, completely wrong. Thanks to Allah, we had not gone public
with anything up to that point. In the year of popular public
announcement of success, that school was in the bottom 1st decile of
California high school and the 1st decile of the state's set of
"comparable" schools; a 1-1 school in the vernacular of the state
assessment folk. Among the 1-1 schools, it was the lowest of the
general schools (a school for the deaf and a few "continuation"
schools performed below it). To make this clearer, it was arguably
the least effective high school in the entire state of California.

For more information, the news accounts quoting her papers point out
that half the school's seniors take calculus. Calculus should be
quotes because nobody that year or in the previous four years had
ever taken, much less passed with 3 or better, the College Boards
national exam. Judging by the performance of those students who
signed up for a CSU campus (where we all require the same ELM -
Entry-Level Mathematics - exam), most of the students needed to start
with noncredit remedial mathematics; i.e, they were not competent
that Algebra II/Trig level required to begin real Calculus. Hope that helps,

Wayne

At 07:11 AM 10/14/2012, Haim wrote:
>GS Chandy Posted: Oct 13, 2012 10:20 AM
>

> >If Dr Boaler is correct in her account, then both
> >Professor Milgram and Professor Bishop have much to
> >answer for.

> And what if she is not correct?
>
>Haim
>No representation without taxation.

Date Subject Author
10/13/12
Read Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Michael Paul Goldenberg
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Louis Talman
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Wayne Bishop
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/16/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Louis Talman
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/15/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Ruth Walker
10/15/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/16/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/17/12
[...]
Greg Goodknight
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Greg Goodknight
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/18/12
[...]
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/26/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Wayne Bishop
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Michael Paul Goldenberg
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/21/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/25/12