Topic: Calculator Use
Replies: 13   Last Post: Nov 16, 2012 6:30 AM

Bob

RE: Calculator Use
att1.html (20.0 K)

So we ban the calculator part of the time, but which part. It seems the final test guidelines will determine that.

From: owner-nysmsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nysmsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Iva Jean Tennant
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:06 PM
To: nysmsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Re: Calculator Use

surely I did not say that--there are many problems when we would use the calculator and there are times when we should not use it

even PARCC and Smarter Balance agree on that

I think anyone would be crazy to ban a calculator from their classroom but I do believe there are many times when students should not grab a calculator as they need to be able to do some things in their head

Iva Jean Tennant

President of Association of Mathematics Teachers of NYS

Past President of AMTST

People to People Student Ambassador Delegation Leader