Topic: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Replies: 52   Last Post: Oct 26, 2012 12:10 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Oct 18, 2012 1:17 AM (GSC's response interspersed):

> On Oct 17, 2012, at 3:09 PM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > One Page Management System
>
> Is this a characterization?

You may certainly 'characterize' it (i.e., the name 'One Page Management System') as a 'characterization', if you choose (and if you prefer to use 6-syllable words where perfectly acceptable 1-syllable words are available).

[A useful 1-syllable word for the purpose: name, n., a word or term used for identification]

[characterization,(characterisation) n, the act of describing distinctive characteristics or essential features].

--"One Page Management System" is the 'name' I've given this invention of mine, which helps *crystallize* onto a single page all ideas that the user may have about a chosen Mission. It so happens that this name also 'characterizes' the object described. (I've considered changing the name, but thus far I've not found anything better).

-- It may also be referred to by its acronym, 'OPMS' - which is certainly much shorter to write or say that the whole name.

-- What the OPMS certainly is NOT is "only a means for 'list-making' (and therefore trivial/worthless)", as you and Haim have often claimed.

The OPMS indeed DOES contain a means of making lists of ideas, but that is only the first step in constructing an 'OPMS' - these steps have been described in detail in various documents that I've attached to my messages from time to time.

Actually, the simplest way to find out just what the 'One Page Management System' actually is or does is to glance at the documentation that I've provided about it. From the next part of RH's response, it seems clear that he has not troubled to do this through his several years of claiming that the OPMS is a only a means of making lists and nothing else (and is therefore trivial or worthless).

>Does it only take one page?

I don't know exactly sense in what sense you are asking the above question. [This question also makes it clear that you have never yet looked at any of the OPMS documentation I have put up - despite your several averments that you have studied them. Again, I ask, why these lies?]

Let me therefore try to 'characterize' the OPMS briefly in terms of what it does: The OPMS is a practical means to help the user *crystallize* all lists and all models created in the course of working on a Mission onto a single page. (By 'model' here we mean "representations of the user's mental models" made on a Mission of interest)

The OPMS provides links to a great many pages (scores, hundreds or even thousands) that may develop in the course of clarifying what the user thinks about his/her/ their Mission. In the course of working towards a Mission, the user happens to develop an effective Action Plan to accomplish the chosen Mission. The OPMS Action Plan, constructed effectively, is guaranteed to be effective unlike the Action Plans constructed by any conventional means.

The ONLY way to understand the huge power of the OPMS is actually to take up a Mission of current interest (ANY Mission!) and to work out, from the user's own ideas, an Action Plan to accomplish the Mission, whatever it may be. Attached herewith is a PowerPoint presentation describing a few of the Missions on which the OPMS has been applied (or is proposed to be applied). I've also indicated several 'failed' Missions (along with what I perceived to be the causes of failure).

I do such work professionally for people, specifically helping them to construct their own 'One Page Management Systems' for Missions of their choice. For students and others who are very keen to find out about the OPMS, I do this non-professionally (i.e., freely), on the condition that they will actually spend, on their own, about 10 minutes to half-an-hour each day on developing their Mission that we initiate during our 1-3 hour initial session.

I do trust that the above explanation will help remove from RH's mind any further false notions that he may have about the OPMS - which may help to prevent him from propagating lies about the OPMS.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away" - with apologies if due to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the observation that the EASY way to avoid any such tedium is to refrain from opening any message that is purported to originate from GSC)

Date Subject Author
10/13/12
Read Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Michael Paul Goldenberg
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Louis Talman
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Wayne Bishop
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/16/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Louis Talman
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/15/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Ruth Walker
10/15/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/16/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/17/12
[...]
Greg Goodknight
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Greg Goodknight
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/18/12
[...]
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/26/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Wayne Bishop
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Michael Paul Goldenberg
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/21/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/25/12