Topic: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Replies: 23   Last Post: Oct 23, 2012 8:55 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research

Haim posted Oct 18, 2012 8:02 PM:
> lajones Posted: Oct 18, 2012 6:14 AM
>

> >Thank you, Robert, for posing this extremely
> important
> >question. I'm a high school math teacher who has
> been
> >wondering the same thing for many, many years.
>
> The only thing that is not clear is why Robert and
> and others keep asking the question. The answer is
> staring us in the face. One has only to compare Jo
> Boaler to Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_fusion

<snip>
> What is abundantly
> clear to me is that, at least at this moment in our
> historical development, any kind of direct
> confrontation with the Education Mafia will fail.

<snip>
And HENCE the slogans:

- -- "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!"

- -- "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!"
and the latest one:
- -- "SHUT DOWN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION!"

In my humble view from 8000 miles away, empty sloganeering will not help solve any issues.

Effective work towards a worthy Mission (such as: "To ensure that we develop an educational system as good as the best") might help.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!" - with the usual profound apologies to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the observation that this tedium can be EASILY avoided by the SIMPLE expedient of refraining from opening any messages purporting to have originated from GSC)

Date Subject Author
10/15/12
Read Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Robert Hansen
10/15/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Haim
10/16/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Michael Weiss
10/16/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Haim
10/18/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
lajones
10/18/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Haim
10/18/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Greg Goodknight
10/18/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Wayne Bishop
10/18/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Haim
10/19/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
lajones
10/19/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Haim
10/22/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Greg Goodknight
10/22/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Robert Hansen
10/22/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Wayne Bishop
10/22/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Robert Hansen
10/19/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
lajones
10/20/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Wayne Bishop
10/22/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Haim
10/22/12
Read Re: Why Aren't There Standards in Education Research
Haim
10/23/12