Topic: How to recover floating document view in R2012b editor?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Nov 26, 2013 5:03 AM

dpb

Re: How to recover floating document view in R2012b editor?

On 10/22/2012 9:17 AM, Scott Hirsch wrote:
> The capability for floating windows in the editor was removed in R2012b.
> Could you say more about why you find this to be the only usable way to
> manage windows in the editor?

Altho I don't have a recent version, I'll chime in that it seems TMW is
just going out of their way to create animosity amongst long-time users.

Again, why do users seem to continually have to justify their choice of
how to use Matlab to TMW to be able to keep existing functionality
whether that is in compatibility in function interfaces/capability, look
and feel or the development environment?

I would argue development efforts should be concentrated on _real_
enhancements and bub fixes, not on futzing around w/ the interface and
certainly not on gratuitously removing features and/or capabilities.

For the specific question of editor functionality, people develop their
own work habits based on many factors--choosing to constrict them to
some preconceived notion of how they should use the editor is ludicrous.