Topic: How to recover floating document view in R2012b editor?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Nov 26, 2013 5:03 AM

dpb

Re: How to recover floating document view in R2012b editor?

On 10/22/2012 9:31 AM, dpb wrote:

> For the specific question of editor functionality, people develop their
> own work habits based on many factors--choosing to constrict them to
> some preconceived notion of how they should use the editor is ludicrous.

I'll add for some context that I rarely use the builtin Matlab editor in
my release (R14) because it doesn't allow arbitrary keymappings and it's
editing functions pertaining specifically to coding were so rudimentary
I use my long-time external editor excepting for the occasional
execution of a debug session.

While I'm aware the editor has been modified greatly since then it's
highly unlikely I'd change to another editor even if did upgrade Matlab
unless it did allow for such customization to match my long-established
and therefore ingrained habits.