Topic: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Replies: 87   Last Post: Nov 17, 2012 4:34 AM

kirby urner

Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
att1.html (2.1 K)

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:

<< SNIP >>

> Not only have the EM been running our schools for some 60 yrs (or more,
> depending on how you count them), but they plainly have no intention of
> changing their theories, policies, or practices. This much you can take to
> the bank: so long as the EM are in charge, the schools we have are the
> schools we get. Period. If you want something else you will have to hire
> other people. After 60 yrs, several $TTTrillion, and several generations
> of children---it's not like we didn't give these people a chance---it is
> really that simple.
>
> Haim
> No representation without taxation.

Sixty years is a long time.

Your remark reminds me of that translated Buddhist saying: cut yourself
some slack; in a hundred years, all new people.

No one in their 40s has been EM for 60 years, so internally there's a sense
of new people trying new things.

I have a hard time distinguishing your EM from the Idiocracy more
generally.

Are you sure this isn't just the monopoly of the mediocre? When was it
so much better? What exactly happened 60 years ago again?

Humans don't have a lovely track record.

What era are you for turning back the clocks to? For what "other tomorrow"
do you yearn?

I think you should spend less time venting about the status quo and more
time sketching how it could be so much better.

Any resonance with this article here? Or is this more EM propaganda?

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20121023144710-10189491-we-need-to-disrupt-education-now

Kirby

Date Subject Author
10/22/12
Read Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Haim
10/22/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
kirby urner
10/22/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
10/22/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Haim
10/22/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
10/22/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
kirby urner
10/23/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Robert Hansen
10/23/12
[...]
10/24/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
10/24/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
GS Chandy
10/24/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Haim
10/25/12
[...]
10/26/12
[...]
10/27/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
israeliteknight
10/28/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
kirby urner
10/28/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
10/28/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
kirby urner
10/28/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
10/29/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
kirby urner
10/29/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
10/29/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
kirby urner
10/29/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
10/29/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
kirby urner
10/30/12
[...]
10/31/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
11/4/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
israeliteknight
11/5/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
11/5/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Peter Duveen
11/5/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Haim
11/5/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Robert Hansen
11/5/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
israeliteknight
11/5/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
israeliteknight
11/5/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Haim
11/6/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
11/5/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Salahuddin
11/7/12
[...]
11/8/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
israeliteknight
11/8/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
11/8/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
israeliteknight
11/8/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
11/12/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
israeliteknight
11/12/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
11/12/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
israeliteknight
11/12/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
Paul A. Tanner III
11/12/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
GS Chandy
11/14/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
israeliteknight
11/15/12
Read Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)
GS Chandy
11/17/12