Topic: Dear Teacher, Johnny Isn’t Sick. He’s J
ust Boycotting the Test. - NYTimes.com

Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 25, 2012 10:24 PM

Re: Dear Teacher, Johnny Isn't Sick. He's Just Boycotting the Test. -

att1.html (4.7 K)

Binghamton City Schools did this for several years. Liz Waite actually taught courses under this schedule. She would be a good one to ask. They have stopped doing this several years ago. I do know that one problem occured when a student had algebra 1 first semester freshman year and did not have geometry until second semester sophomore year--way too much time between math courses.

It has lots of advantages and disadvantages.

Iva Jean Tennant
President of Association of Mathematics Teachers of NYS
Past President of AMTST
People to People Student Ambassador Delegation Leader