Topic: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Replies: 52   Last Post: Oct 26, 2012 12:10 AM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop

Since the schools in question have not been revealed by others, nor
have I obtained permission from the schools to release their names
(it may be as easy as asking, I have not attempted to do so), I will
not do so here. That said, would it help you to understand this
point if you knew that student performance (as measured by our
state's API, Academic Performance Indicator) at Railside decreased
steadily prior to the year of her data and increased substantially
thereafter? Along with the fact that the school had left a more
traditional approach and returned to one thereafter? And that the
key person in charge of her program there left because the more
traditional approach was mandated by the district (in part, because
horrible API rating) and is now teaching middle school? Probably
not. Just observing.

Wayne

At 01:35 AM 10/19/2012, GS Chandy wrote:
>So, in the Jo Boaler issue in question, is Jo Boaler the good guy
>and are James Milgram and Wayne Bishop the bad guys? OR:
>
>Is it the other way around - Jo Boaler the bad guy and James Milgram
>and Wayne Bishop the good guys?
>
>In my view (after having read, fairly carefully, the 30+messages in
>this thread), the result is a stalemate:
>
>The pro-Jo Boaler people have become yet more confirmed in their
>opinion that Jo Boaler is the good guy; as have the pro-J. Milgram +
>W. Bishop people been firmly confirmed in their contrary opinion
>that J. Milgram + W. Bishop are the good guys!
>
>And there it stands.
>
>Just observing.
>
>GSC
>("Still Shoveling Away!")
>
>MPG had posted Oct 13, 2012 3:59 PM:

> > http://www.stanford.edu/~joboaler/
> >
> > http://www.stanford.edu/~joboaler/Jo-Boaler-reveals-at
> > tacks-by-Milgram-and-Bishop.pdf
> >

> > When Academic Disagreement Becomes Harassment and
> > Persecution.
> > by Dr Jo Boaler

Date Subject Author
10/13/12
Read Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Michael Paul Goldenberg
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/13/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Louis Talman
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Wayne Bishop
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/16/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Louis Talman
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/15/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/14/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Ruth Walker
10/15/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/16/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/17/12
[...]
Greg Goodknight
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Greg Goodknight
10/17/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Haim
10/18/12
[...]
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/26/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Wayne Bishop
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Michael Paul Goldenberg
10/19/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
Robert Hansen
10/20/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
lajones
10/21/12
Read Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop
GS Chandy
10/25/12