Topic: California Algebra
Replies: 12   Last Post: Oct 26, 2012 1:21 AM

Wayne Bishop

Re: California Algebra

We conservatives in California, with our accountability movement,
much prefer to stay with the California Math Content Standards and
CTS exams to go along that was leading to far more low socioeconomic,
often minority, students be actually Algebra I competent at the end
of 8th grade as is done in our strong, conservative, semi-affluent
private schools (as those from which my children graduated Boalt (UC
Berkeley) School of Law, and Princeton PhD in chemistry,
respectively). One of the first things I wrote, after they were put
in place, was that only children who were algebra ready (be that 7th,
8th, or 12th. But, of course, such a policy would countermand the
Prime Directive.

Wayne