Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Graham Cooper

On Oct 29, 2:26 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article <sior88t2h05c7t3p0lhoa1g99uuq69i...@4ax.com>,
>

>  JRStern <JRSt...@foobar.invalid> wrote:

> > On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:41:59 -0700 (PDT), Arturo Magidin
> > <magi...@member.ams.org> wrote:

> > >Huh?
>
> > >Sorry, but that statement makes absolute no sense
> > >whatsoever to me.  What exactly was the point you
> > >were attempting to make?

> > That I am not arguing with the conclusion that Cantor's Theorem is
> > true, I am questioning whether the diagonal argument is coherent.

> > How can this be unclear?
>
> > J.
>
> In its original form (about sequences of letters from the set {m,w}) I
> do not see that Cantor's argument can possibly be either incoherent or
> unclear.

AN INFINITE ENUMER_ABLE SET OF BINARY STRINGS

WHAT IS MISSING?
mmmmmm.. wwmmmm.. wwwmwm.. wwwwwm.. ...
mmmwww.. wmwmmm.. mmmmwm.. mmwwmm.. ...
wwwmmm.. mwmmwm.. mmwmwm.. wmwmwm.. ...
wwwwmm.. mmwmww.. mmmmww.. wwwwww.. ...

Prove by extrapolation past 6 terms that some sequence is missing!

Herc

Date Subject Author
JRStern
Frederick Williams