Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Peter Webb

Graham Cooper wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2:26 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article <sior88t2h05c7t3p0lhoa1g99uuq69i...@4ax.com>,
> >

> >  JRStern <JRSt...@foobar.invalid> wrote:

> > > That I am not arguing with the conclusion that Cantor's Theorem is
> > > true, I am questioning whether the diagonal argument is coherent.

> > > How can this be unclear?
> >
> > > J.
> >
> > In its original form (about sequences of letters from the set
> > {m,w}) I do not see that Cantor's argument can possibly be either
> > incoherent or unclear.
> >

> AN INFINITE ENUMER_ABLE SET OF BINARY STRINGS
>
> WHAT IS MISSING?
> mmmmmm.. wwmmmm.. wwwmwm.. wwwwwm.. ...
> mmmwww.. wmwmmm.. mmmmwm.. mmwwmm.. ...
> wwwmmm.. mwmmwm.. mmwmwm.. wmwmwm.. ...
> wwwwmm.. mmwmww.. mmmmww.. wwwwww.. ...
>
> Prove by extrapolation past 6 terms that some sequence is missing!
>

> Herc

As you haven't told us what "w" and "m" are supposed to be, or the rule
that you are using to form the list, this cannot be done.

If you think you have a list of all Reals, post it here, and I will
happily prove its not a list of all Reals by finding a Real not on the
list for you.

Date Subject Author
JRStern
Frederick Williams