Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

LudovicoVan

From: London

"Frederick Williams" <freddywilliams@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:508C58FD.81458273@btinternet.com...
> JRStern wrote:
>>
>> Are there any such published?
>>
>> I can see in the archives here it's a common topic, and I have my own
>> crackpot theories which certainly overlap a lot of the more popular
>> objections.
>>
>> I don't want to prove or assert or reject any statement about the
>> countability of reals, I just want to consider the validity of the
>> diagonalization argument.
>>
>> Has anybody put that out in a refereed journal or a respectable
>> publisher? Even if it's just a prettier rejection of crank theories,
>> it would seem worthwhile.

> In his lifetime Cantor was opposed by some very competent mathematics:
> Brouwer, K\"onig, Kronecker, Poincar\'e, Weyl.

Up to today, by many professional as well as non-professional
mathematicians. For the chronicle, here are my last attempts (read the
progress and conclusions come at the end of the "discussions"):

Objection to Cantor's Theorem
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.math/fWV72DEOgfI/tXp6PAWoJ2gJ>

Objection to Cantor's First Proof
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.math/T2V4Jh7zzD8/wDM_wsyQZ0QJ>