Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

JRStern

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 11:28:36 -0600, David C. Ullrich
<ullrich@math.okstate.edu> wrote:

>>Then there can be a book taking on the objections one at a time and
>>knocking them down.

>What objections? The fact that you see a lot of confusion here on
>sci.math should not lead you to conclude that there are any
>actual problems or anything the slightest bit controversial
>about it in real life.
>
>That book would be like a book knocking down the objections
>to the idea that the Earth is round. Except much sillier.

Yet I have seen such books. They may be aimed at school kids, but
they are still interesting exercises. And frankly, that's just about
exactly what I would like to find for this!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=the+earth+is+round

J.

Date Subject Author
JRStern