Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

JRStern

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:30:43 -0700 (PDT), Arturo Magidin
<magidin@member.ams.org> wrote:

>> Doesn't this sound rather like what some of the "cranks" hereabouts
>> are trying to say?

>Which "cranks", and what specifically do they say that you find
>"rather like" exactly which part of the above?
>
>Yet again: one cannot give you an exact answer if you
>insist on presenting nothing but vague statements that have
>little or no actual content. I certainly have no desire
>to waste my time discussing phantoms and ephemerals,
>so perhaps you can stop being vague and wishy-washy,
>and give some specifics? If you can't, then stop trying
>to think about math. Now. Stop. Yes. You. Stop it.
>There is absolutely no point in discussing mathematics
>on the basis of vague pronouncements, vague statements,
>vague "feelings", and vague impressions; because, whatever
>it is you end up doing, it's not mathematics.

Thank you for trying, although I have clearly not been able to phrase
a question that you feel has a useful answer.

Even this is at least somewhat informative.

Your ability to translate it into some discussion of the
constructivist limitations was useful, as it is. I did not think that
was the domain I was asking about, but - it might be anyway.

J.

Date Subject Author
JRStern
Frederick Williams