Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Peter Webb

LudovicoVan wrote:

> "Peter Webb" <webbfamilyDIEspamDie@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>

> > As you haven't told us what "w" and "m" are supposed to be, or the
> > rule that you are using to form the list, this cannot be done.

> Parrot, at least read bloody Cantor's argument before pontificating
> your dogma.

I have. And its not dogma.

> > If you think you have a list of all Reals, post it here, and I will
> > happily prove its not a list of all Reals by finding a Real not on
> > the list for you.

> But you can do no such thing: the anti-diagonal is just not a real
> number.
>
> -LV

Of course it is a Real number. It is the limit of a Cauchy sequence.
You do know that convergent Cauchy sequences define unique Reals, right?

(I just bagged somebody for providing a proof of the anti-diagonal was
Real using Cauchy sequences, on the basis that no crank disputes
whether the anti-diagonal is Real. And then you prove me wrong by
raising exactly this isuue).

So, where is your list of all the Reals?

Date Subject Author
JRStern
Frederick Williams
JRStern