Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Graham Cooper

On Oct 30, 3:20 pm, Arturo Magidin <magi...@member.ams.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:15:26 AM UTC-5, Graham Cooper wrote:
>

> > but you answered his Question beautifully, 'no University would sink
>
> > to peer review any critique on Cantor's theory'.
>
> You use quotation  marks to surround a sentence I never wrote and attribute it to me. As such, you are guilty of libel and deliberate falsehood.
>
> Not a surprise, given your (utter lack of) character and principles.
>
> Do kindly try to point your rejoinders in a different direction. You lack the intellectual acumen necessary to tangle with me.
>
> In other words: don't try engaging in a battle of wits; you are terminally unarmed for it.
>
> --
> Arturo Magidin

I think the Doc Madagan has been saving it up for me for quite some
while!!

OK I will leave this thread for the Academics to chew on this
computable list self defence mechanism..

-----------------------------------

1 IF YOU CHANGE 1 DIGIT OF THE DIAGONAL
THERE IS 0 EFFECT!

LIST OF ALL REALS
R1 0.00000..
R2 0.11211..
R3 0.22222..
R4 0.33333..

DIAGONAL 0.0123..
R1 0.*0000.. \
R2 0.1*211.. \
R3 0.22*22.. \
R4 0.333*3.. \

NEW-DIAGONAL 0.0223..
R1 0.*0000.. \
R2 0.11*11.. ^
R3 0.2*222.. v
R4 0.333*3.. \

NEW-PERMUTATION
R1 0.*0000.. \
R3 0.2*222.. v
R2 0.11*11.. ^
R4 0.333*3.. \

SAME *SET* OF REALS
R1 0.00000.. \
R3 0.22222.. \
R2 0.11211.. \
R4 0.33333.. \

ORIGINAL DIAGONAL = 0.0123...
CHANGED DIAGONAL = 0.0223..

No change to the underlying set, 1 changed diagonal digit at a time!

Herc

Date Subject Author
JRStern
Frederick Williams