Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Peter Webb

Graham Cooper wrote:

> On Oct 30, 1:51 pm, "Peter Webb"
> <webbfamilyDIEspam...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> > No.
> >
> > Do you claim to have a list of all Reals?

> I have a listable set of all Reals.

Great. Send it to me. I will tell you at least one missing Real.

> Do you claim to be able to examine infinite lists?

No, I claim to be able to examine rules which apply to infinite
sequences. For example, I can tell you the sequence of Reals 1, 2, 3,
... where the Real in position n is n interpreted as a Real number ...
does not contain 0.5, without explicitly examining every element in the
list.

> If so, specify the infinite stream protocol of your choice.
>
> Herc

Not needed.

Just tell us which Real appears in position n for all n.

I will happily find a Real not on the list, indicating that it is not a
list of all Reals as you claim.

Date Subject Author
JRStern
Frederick Williams