Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

LudovicoVan

From: London

"Peter Webb" <webbfamilyDIEspamDie@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:k6nqvf$lc9$1@news.albasani.net...
> LudovicoVan wrote:
>> "Peter Webb" <webbfamilyDIEspamDie@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

>> > LudovicoVan wrote:
<snip>

>> > You actually have to identify what I said which you think is
>> > "bollocks".
>> >
>> > Somehow you forgot to say what it is.

>> I have just said it... Unless you mean a full list of all the
>> bollocks ever stated in sci.math: of course, just forget it.

> No, I want to know what I said which you think is "bollocks".
>
> Why won't you tell us?

I won't say it again: shut your mouth up and learn to read and think. If
you like.

>> But you are correct in that I was
>> imprecise: all infinite sets are *extended-countable*, i.e. all
>> infinite sets biject with N*, the extended naturals.

> The "extended Naturals, huh"? Do you mean the naturals extended with
> transfinite elements represented with "non-standard numbers", as for
> example in
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-standard_model_of_arithmetic ?
>
> If so, your comment is meaningless

The meaninglessness is all yours, as usual. N* := N u {oo}, and succ(oo) :=
oo, but I have posted links up-thread already: not to mention that you are a
regular around here, which is why you are still either a liar or cannot
read, or both.

> In fact, you really need to find something I have said which you
> consider false. Only then can I explain it to you.

Not false: bollocks, which here translates as not even wrong. Anyway, what
is it that you'd like to explain? Please go on, I'm all ears!

-LV

Date Subject Author
JRStern
Frederick Williams