Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Graham Cooper

On Oct 30, 4:01 pm, "Peter Webb"
<webbfamilyDIEspam...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Graham Cooper wrote:
> > On Oct 30, 1:51 pm, "Peter Webb"
> > <webbfamilyDIEspam...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> > > No.
>
> > > Do you claim to have a list of all Reals?
>
> > I have a listable set of all Reals.
>
> Great. Send it to me. I will tell you at least one missing Real.
>

> > Do you claim to be able to examine infinite lists?
>
> No, I claim to be able to examine rules which apply to infinite
> sequences. For example, I can tell you the sequence of Reals 1, 2, 3,
> ... where the Real in position n is n interpreted as a Real number ...
> does not contain 0.5, without explicitly examining every element in the
> list.
>

> > If so, specify the infinite stream protocol of your choice.
>
> > Herc
>
> Not needed.
>
> Just tell us which Real appears in position n for all n.

You want me to 'tell you' an infinite sequence?

I told you which digit appears in position 1,2,3,4,5 & 6
for reals in positions

R11 R12 R13 R14
R21 R22 R23 R24
R31 R32 R33 R34
R41 R42 R43 R44

Here are those digits again.

0.000000.. 0.110000.. 0.111010.. 0.111110.. ...
0.000111.. 0.101000.. 0.000010.. 0.001100.. ...
0.111000.. 0.010010.. 0.001010.. 0.101010.. ...
0.111100.. 0.001011.. 0.000011.. 0.111111.. ...

Should you require any further digits then specify which ones from
this enumerable_set_of_reals.

Since you have FAILED 5 times now to provide any hint of a missing
real from this enumerable_set_of_reals I think your claim is clearly
debunked.

If you wish to REFINE YOUR CLAIM that given an Enumeration or
specification thereof you have something to prove then do so.

Otherwise your claim to prove anything given any ENUMER-ABLE SET OF
REALS clearly appears to have failed on the set provided 5 times
already.

Herc

Date Subject Author
JRStern