Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Graham Cooper

On Oct 30, 6:24 pm, "Peter Webb" wrote:

> You do claim to have a list of all Reals, don't you?

I have a listable set of all reals.

0.000000.. 0.110000.. 0.111010.. 0.111110.. ...
0.000111.. 0.101000.. 0.000010.. 0.001100.. ...
0.111000.. 0.010010.. 0.001010.. 0.101010.. ...
0.111100.. 0.001011.. 0.000011.. 0.111111.. ...

> You haven't specified the list yet.

AHA! Peter is on the ball!

No enumeration function! Just a good ole countable SET of all reals!

The order is arbitrary isn't it?

> > Otherwise your claim to prove anything given any ENUMER-ABLE SET OF
> > REALS clearly appears to have failed on the set provided 5 times
> > already.

> > Herc
>
> I made no such claim. To start off with, its nonsense.

Nonetheless it was the topic before you took over from Moeblee.

On Oct 30, 9:18 am, MoeBlee <modem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just proved that given any enumerable set S of denumerable binary
> sequences there is denumerable binary sequence not in S.

If you do not wish to apply any mathematical approach to the given
countable set of reals,

0.000000.. 0.110000.. 0.111010.. 0.111110.. ...
0.000111.. 0.101000.. 0.000010.. 0.001100.. ...
0.111000.. 0.010010.. 0.001010.. 0.101010.. ...
0.111100.. 0.001011.. 0.000011.. 0.111111.. ...

then I have nothing more to add about countable complete sets of
reals.

Herc

Date Subject Author
JRStern