Topic: Why?
Replies: 52   Last Post: Oct 30, 2012 9:38 PM

Louis Talman

Re: Why?
att1.html (1.4 K)

Traditional algebra requires letters. But words are symbols, too. Use of
words is no reason to say a kid isn't doing algebra---after all, the
beginning of algebra is the replacement of numbers with symbols for
arbitrary numbers.

--
--Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State College of Denver