Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Graham Cooper

On Oct 31, 5:30 am, rich...@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Richard Tobin) wrote:
> In article <ef46bd8a-882b-4ed8-8aff-8c902f0d1...@uc4g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
> Graham Cooper  <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >I have a listable set of all Reals.
>
> You are lying, of course.
>
> But let's pretend that you aren't.  If you find some way to convey it,
> we will tell you some reals that are missing.
>
> -- Richard

This is not difficult! This is a maths problem.

Given a list say:

0.11000..
0.00111..
0.11000..
0.00011..

YOU THEN SAY

0.1001.. is the DIAGAONAL

So BY EXTRAPOLATION TO ALL ROWS 0.0110.. is not equal to any row of
the LIST.

----------

But when faced with a COUNTABLE SET
(NOT AN ENUMERATION - AN ENUMER-ABLE SET)

0.000000.. 0.110000.. 0.111010.. 0.111110.. ...
0.000111.. 0.101000.. 0.000010.. 0.001100.. ...
0.111000.. 0.010010.. 0.001010.. 0.101010.. ...
0.111100.. 0.001011.. 0.000011.. 0.111111.. ...

Your tails go between your legs and instead of action you're all
words!

HENCE MY PROOF:

CLAIM: GIVEN AN ENUMER-ABLE SET OF REALS
YOU CAN'T PROVE SQUAT!

PROOF: HERE IS AN ENUMERABLE SET OF REALS!

COROLLARY: WATCH MOEBLEE RUN! RUN MOEBLEE! RUN!

Herc

Date Subject Author
JRStern
Frederick Williams